Octopuscarwash's Gourmet Adventures

I live to eat. Yes, I am an Asian Jew. My favorite meal is breakfast (oatmeal in particular). I'm only in high school, so I am a complete amateur. Some of my favorite cuisines are Middle Eastern, Moroccan, Japanese and Korean. I eat so much Chinese food that it's hard to say whether I like it or not... all I know is that I don't like what most of America seems to think of as Chinese food, Panda Express. I'm a pescetarian and love coming up with my own healthy fusion food.

Friday, March 20, 2009

Home Cooked Dinner, Octopus style

Behold the result of spending an afternoon cooking and cleaning like a good little housewife.march and college visiting 033

Nothing too fancy: couscous (With cinnamon, slivered almonds, and a dab of butter), vegetable tagine (carrots, sweet potato, butternut squash, zucchini, chickpeas-- dried, not canned, raisins, dried apricots, preserved lemon, onions, as well as an endless list of spices, spicy shrimp with garlic, cumin, ginger, paprika and hot pepper, and finally, salad with blood oranges. march and college visiting 035

The cool rock candles that match the placematsmarch and college visiting 034

And for dessert, what better than a peanut butter tasting? march and college visiting 037

Not all of them are shown here, but the candidates for tasting were: Trader Joe's crunchy peanut butter (if this were a scientific experiment this one would be the control), PB & Co's Cinnamon Raisin, and PB Loco's Choco Banana and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. Of course the Chocolate Chip Cookie dough won the contest... when chocolate and cookies are involved, the outcome is kind of inevitable.

(The rest of my The Heat is On sample from PB & Co was ignored... too weird for dessert)

I didn't have any peanut butter for dessert because, well... I eat it every morning.

I did, however, partake in the fruit plate, which included bananas, apples, and strawberries as well as chocolate wedges and graham crackers.march and college visiting 036

I really must expand my menus. Couscous is a good go-to meal, but what will I cook next (for company)?

PS. According to Henry, I am badass in the sense that I can handle a cleaver.

march and college visiting 031march and college visiting 032

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home