Octopuscarwash's Gourmet Adventures

I live to eat. Yes, I am an Asian Jew. My favorite meal is breakfast (oatmeal in particular). I'm only in high school, so I am a complete amateur. Some of my favorite cuisines are Middle Eastern, Moroccan, Japanese and Korean. I eat so much Chinese food that it's hard to say whether I like it or not... all I know is that I don't like what most of America seems to think of as Chinese food, Panda Express. I'm a pescetarian and love coming up with my own healthy fusion food.

Thursday, February 5, 2009

A Fine February Filled with Food

How's that for alliteration?

Breakfast:february 008february 009

february 006 february 007 Hazelnuts and chocolate peanut butter

february 012 february 010 february 037 february 038 february 062  february 063 february 065 february 066 february 080 february 081

Dinners:

february 022 

Frozen dumplings = the easy way outfebruary 023

Steamed vegetarian for me

february 026

Potstickers for them

february 027 

MMM...

february 024 Tofu glass noodle soup with celery

february 054

I made this one: a menu straight out of The Flexitarian Table (all hail)-- mushroom barley soup, vegetable gratin (but i used way less cheese) and fennel and red onion salad.

february 052 february 053 february 056 february 059 february 060

Dad's creative use of packaged curry mixes:

february 068

Shrimp and onions, broccoli, mushrooms and tofu, both with different kinds of coconut curry sauces.

february 069 february 070 february 072

Mom's doing: pasta with mushroom tomato sauce, cauliflower with pine nuts and raisins

february 074 february 078

3 Comments:

Blogger Breaking Free said...

Wow! Gorgeous pictures girl! You really have quite a talent! And the eats look sooo good!

Just wanted to say THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH FOR THE V-DAY GIFTS!! I JUST GOT THEM TODAY!!! Even though I got it this afternoon I waited until tonight to open the package because I wanted to build up the suspense. You couldn't have picked any better gifts! I swear you must have read my mind or something because they were so perfect! How did you know? Totally like me and totally cute!! FYI I think I am pretty much IN LOVE with the cell phone charm! And I will try your granola, I just have to kick ED aside first to do it. But I will! Thank you thank you thank you!
Hope you have a great Valentine's and feel free to drop me a comment sometime to chat.
~Raina

February 12, 2009 at 11:38 PM  
Blogger originallycliche said...

Lida, have you ever been to this restaurant called Yoshi's? It's divine, and I think you would love it.

February 14, 2009 at 10:46 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

I'm so glad you liked it!

Love your blog - great pictures.

Happy Valentine's Day!

February 15, 2009 at 9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home